If you are looking to buy the most effective diet supplements of 2018, continue below to read our official buyers guide.
The weight loss industry as a whole is an over $200 billion niche. Many people not only have self image problems, but in America, we have obesity problems.
So take a deep breath. Exhale. You aren’t alone in your quest to find a diet pill that works.
The problem is, many companies large and small have figured out just how much money is in this industry, and simply put, there is a lot of pure crap out there that doesn’t work.
We’re here to keep scamming brands in check and simply highlight the top of the line weight management products.
If you are ready to start learning about what works, below you’ll find our list of which products you should feel confident about investing in for 2018.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Diet Pills & Where to Purchase For Less
We would all like to drop those few extra pounds in a more natural way, using exercise and a healthy diet. However, sometimes, this might not be such a good solution for you – particularly if you have a hard time controlling the cravings or burning off the fat.
While some people may consider this to be “cheating,” diet pills can be a good option when everything else seems to fail. Granted, you may have to ask for the expert opinion of your doctor before using these pills – mostly because each ingredient will have a different effect on every person.
Still, you will have to maintain a lifestyle that is as healthy as possible if you want the pills to work. If you take the pills but binge-eat on pizza every night, it’s likely you’ll be spending your money for nothing.
This is why, aside from a doctor, you may also want to talk to a nutritionist.
There are various diet pills out there, but so far, the Pure Raspberry Ketones have proven to be some of the most reliable ones. These may not be as well-known as other brands, but they have the least number of side effects and the highest number of praises.
The others also have their own qualities and, depending on what you are looking for, they might be more appropriate for you. Here are 10 reviews of several products that have made many customers slim and happy. Also included in our research is the best place to buy each weight management supplement, because we firmly believe in not only helping our readers lose weight, but also save money in the process.
#1: Fresh Healthcare Pure Raspberry Ketones
It may sound like a bottled alternative to the famous ketogenic diet, but the white raspberry ketones are actually the ingredients that make raspberries smell so good.
Moreover, there have been various studies suggesting that these ketones are a great option when it comes to weight loss as well.
- It boosts the energy levels and metabolism
- It curbs cravings
- It makes you feel full with smaller meals
- It doesn’t have any overall side effects
- The product is still new, so there is not much research behind it
Raspberries ketones are said to have a great role in increasing the adiponectin, an agent that is known to accelerate fat breakdown. Still, to get a meaningful amount of ketone, one would have to eat way too many ketones – which may actually cause you to gain weight.
The active ingredient in these supplements is this so-called adiponectin, a protein that is appreciated by most fitness junkies and those who enjoy a healthy fitness lifestyle. Our bodies are able to secrete protein naturally, tricking the body into reducing the fat cells, without the added side effects. Furthermore, since it is protein-based, adiponectin is also able to reduce food cravings and keep you satiated for longer.
These pills have been naturally infused with antioxidants that will be fighting the free radicals – therefore improving your vitality levels. Not only will it make you feel more energetic overall, but it will also help you burn calories while you are actually resting.
The ketone formula will also help curb your cravings, making you take more calories than you normally would. Plus, the remainder of the calories will be burned by the adiponectin, which will add to the prevention of other fat cells as well.
The Bottom Line
The Pure Raspberry Ketone pills are a great way to trick your body into breaking down fat with the help of ketones, burning calories in a way that only an exercise session could. Plus, the added protein base will make you feel satiated for longer, curbing the cravings and helping you take fewer calories.
#2: Nature Bound Forskolin Extract
Ayurvedic medicine has always been a favorite when it comes to supplements since the active ingredients are as natural as they can get. With only one or two pills per day, you will be able to stimulate the release of fat cells, decreasing the body fat mass and encouraging the buildup of lean muscle mass.
- It encourages the fat cell release
- Adds to the buildup of lean muscle mass
- It increases bone mass and testosterone levels
- It curbs cravings
- It increases testosterone levels, which might not be recommended for women
- It may lower blood pressure
Forskolin is based on Coleus Forskohlii extract, a perennial tropical plant that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries – but which has become recently popular as a fat burning agent.
This formula is able to increase the cyclic adenosine monophosphate levels, a nucleotide that naturally develops in your RNA. A higher level of this nucleotide is associated with an increase in fat loss – as a result of fat cell stimulation. The cells are released and then “burned,” preventing the apparition of other fat cells as well.
Furthermore, Forskolin can also improve the fat burning process by improving the effectiveness of other components.
Forskolin also uses chromium to help improve your blood sugar levels, keeping your cholesterol low, and providing better heart support for those who are on a low-calorie diet.
The active ingredients have also shown o increase testosterone levels, which is a great addition for men. It can increase your sex drive and, taken alongside a regular diet, it can also improve your alertness and your ability to burn fat.
Bear in mind that while the lowering of blood pressure is a good option for most overweight people, it might be a bad thing for you if you already have low blood pressure. If it drops even lower, these pills can cause fatigue, dizziness, and other similar symptoms.
The Bottom Line
Taken regularly, this product is a good way to increase your body’s ability to burn fat, build lean muscle, and increase your testosterone levels.
#3: Zhou Nutrition Green Tea Extract
Green tea has always been known for its ability to help us burn fat – which is why many trainers recommend you drink a cup of green tea before each exercise session. Now, however, you can purchase it in the form of pills – namely, in the form of the green tea extract supplement by Zhou.
- It can improve your metabolism
- It can deal with stubborn belly fat
- It curbs the appetite
- It increases awareness and speed of thought
- Gradual effect, no fast crash or high
- It’s a stimulant, so it may keep you awake if taken at night
- Stopping its use may cause effects related to caffeine withdrawal
- May limit your body’s ability to absorb iron
As the name says, the Green Tea Extract works on an extract from green tea leaves. Since the antioxidant effect has not been lost during the roasting process, these supplements can help you a great deal in burning off the fat.
The caffeine within the formula will also kickstart the thermogenesis process – where your body basically heats up and starts burning the calories. The effect is similar to when you are exercising – only in this case, you will be losing weight while you are going on with your daily activities.
The Green Tea Extract is also packed with chlorogenic acid, an ingredient that may reduce or even block the amounts of carbohydrates that go into the digestive tract. This will naturally enhance the weight loss process, control your appetite, and help you get through the day with a decent amount of energy.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to side effects, as long as you take the pill properly, there should not be any. Only in the event that you take the pill too late in the evening should it cause you to have a light sleep. Overall, it should work like any other diet pill is supposed to work: burn off fat and curb the appetite.
#4: Alli Weight Loss Aid Capsules
This diet treatment goes under several different names. Some call it Alli, some call it Xenical, and some call it Orlistat. Generally, this pill is taken together with your meals, three times per day – without exceeding that limit.
- It prevents fat absorption
- Perfect if you love eating greasy meals
- It curbs cravings
- It helps you stay satiated for longer
- The product reduces blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- You may expect greasy bowel movement
Considering that it uses Orlistat as a main active ingredient, this product acts as a blocker that will keep the fat from adhering to your body. Instead of sticking where it should not, it will go directly into your bowel, allowing you to eliminate through stool.
Granted, considering that you still need a certain level of fat in your life to keep healthy, this product cannot block all of it. Instead, it stops around 25% of the amount that would have normally be absorbed by the body.
Regular intake of this product will help you lose around 5 to 10 pounds in just half a year. Furthermore, they say that for every 2 pounds that you lose with exercise and a good diet, Alli adds another. On average, these weight loss pills work better than most options on the market.
However, you will have to be aware that the stool may get oily and messy. Since the fat is no longer assimilated by the body, it will simply be sent into the bowels – and then mixed with the rest of the stool. This will cause it to become oily, which many people consider is just a minor inconvenience
The Bottom Line
This product may not be the “cleanest” option if you know what we mean, but you can be sure that it’s effective. Considering that it does not allow for the fat to be absorbed, it will make you feel better, slimmer, and overall healthier and less bloated.
#5: NatureWise Green Coffee Bean Extract
Have you ever given second thoughts to that cup of coffee and how it made you feel more energetic each time you took a sip? Well, that is the effect of coffee that has been roasted – and had already lost its antioxidant effects.
During the roasting process, the coffee beans not only lose most of their caffeine concentration – but they also lose most of their antioxidant power. However, the NatureWise Green Coffee Bean Extract keeps the beans in their purest of forms, extracting the core when it is at its strongest.
- It enhances the energy levels
- Suppresses appetite
- It burns existent fat
- It prevents incoming fat from being absorbed
- Highly diuretic
- It may cause insomnia
- Taken in high amounts, it may cause heart conditions
Using coffee bean extract, this product is meant to naturally boost your body’s ability to burn fat and lose weight. Having heightened antioxidant effects, this product can take out the fat cells, break them down, and prevent other cells from being absorbed.
Since the caffeine level is high in this one, you might want to make sure you do not take more than 480 mg of it – and for no longer than 12 months. If you are particularly not used to caffeine, this product may raise your pulse and lead to minor heart conditions.
Still, this effect can also be beneficial for the fat burning process. It will kickstart the thermogenesis process, helping you burn fat much faster and suppressing your appetite. This way, you will no longer eat as much – and you’ll be able to burn what you consume fairly quickly.
Like green tea, this also includes chlorogenic acid, which will prevent the carbohydrates from being absorbed by the bowels. This way, you will be able to lose weight much faster – mostly because your body will be tricked into thinking it’s on a low-calorie diet.
This product is not associated with any jittery symptoms that come along with several cups of coffee – but the manufacturers advise that you avoid taking the pill right before going to bed.
The Bottom Line
This product is diuretic and its blocker properties will make you visit the bathroom more often than not – but this is your body’s way of cleansing itself of the toxins. Taken responsibly, it can help you burn fat much faster and keep you at peak energy while you are at it. Plus, since it also curbs your cravings, you will be able to lose weight much faster.
#6: Lipozene Diet Pills
Lipozene, also known as Glucomannan and Kojak, is a pill that derives from the Amorphophallus Kojak. Combined with a full glass of water, this drug has helped countless people that were dealing with obesity by making them ingest fewer calories.
Lipozone is not like your average fat burning diet pill – but it has its own ingenious way to get rid of fat.
- It suppresses hunger
- It stimulates the system like a laxative
- It breaks down like fiber in the stool
- It reduces cholesterol levels
- The pill expands upon moisture, so you need to take it with water
Unlike other diet pills that are mostly fat burners, this one is mostly an appetite suppressant. With its formula based on Amorphophallus Kojak, this pill can absorb around 200 times its quantity in water, expanding in your stomach and giving you that sensation that you are already full.
Lipozene uses mostly naturally-sourced ingredients – all of which have been clinically proven to have effects. Upon contact with the water, this pill will become like a gel – which will trick your stomach into thinking that it had already received food. This way, when you actually eat 30 minutes later, you will not be eating as much.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for something to suppress your appetite, Lipozene is what you are looking for. It will expand in your stomach and will be eliminated naturally, without sticking to your cells.
#7: NatureWise CLA 1250 Diet Pills
NatureWise strikes again with another set of diet pills, this time in the form of the CLA 125o diet pills. The brand has made itself popular for the fact that its ingredients are mostly natural, gluten-free and allergen-free, making it a good choice for people regardless of their eating preferences.
- Natural ingredients
- Packed with healthy fats
- It can reduce the amount of lipid that is generally absorbed by the fat cells
- Not vegan-friendly
- Large doses may lead to fat in the liver
- Not enough research on humans
NatureWise CLA 1250 is formulated on a base of Conjugated Linoleic Acid, a healthy component of fats that you can generally find in beef and other dairy products.
Most studies have shown that CLA has the ability to accelerate fat cell death – and therefore reduce the fat that’s sticking onto your body. Not many studies have been done on humans – most of them were mice experiments – but there were also official studies on humans that showed the practicality of the formula.
The healthy fats and protein also have the ability to help you build lean muscle – allowing you to show off a toned body rather than stubborn body fat.
The Bottom Line
It’s not necessarily a fat burner, but it will help you “slide off” the extra fat that has been sticking stubbornly to your body. Plus, since it works with fats, you’ll be more energetic and you’ll feel less hungry.
#8: NatureWise Garcinia Cambogia
If you feel like you are continuously eating and you want to hit the “breaks,” then the NatureWise Garcinia Cambogia can help you feel full while also giving you the nutrients that you need.
- Natural-sourced ingredients
- It works by blocking carbohydrates
- It reduces the production of fat
- It works as an appetite suppressant
- It can pose testicular toxicity as a side effect
Based on the Asian Garcinia Cambogia, this formula has shown to have particular success when it comes to treating excessive weight. Basically, this product is meant to act as a blocker, preventing the carbohydrates from being absorbed and turned into fat – therefore keeping your fat storage clear.
According to studies, this product is also thought to have appetite suppressant abilities. This is mostly thanks to the hydroxycitric acid (HCA), the active agent that is present in the Garcinia Cambogia fruit.
As long as you use this product with a proper diet, the formula and the active ingredient are very promising. It suppresses your hunger and prevents fat from adhering to the walls, therefore helping you lose weight.
#9: PhenElite Weight Loss Pills
PhenElite has always been popular among people on a diet, mostly because it features so many active ingredients. Not only does it act as an energy booster, but a fat blocker and fat burner at the same time.
- Energy booster
- Fat burner
- It improves the metabolism
- It curbs hunger
- High dose of caffeine that may lead to perturbed sleep
The formula of PhenElite is actually fairly rich. Having several sources of caffeine (such as green tea and the coffee plant), it acts as an energy booster throughout the day, helping you lose weight as you are on the go.
Furthermore, the raspberry ketones have also shown they can stop the weight gain process – providing you nutrients while reducing the fats in the liver. It is the basics of the ketogenic diet, to which you add African mango extract – another weight loss booster.
- The Bottom Line
This pill is rich in nutrients and can help you lose weight in a healthy manner. Rather than being a “diet pill,” this could easily be called a classic supplement that will help you lose weight.
#10: Hydroxycut Pro Clinical Weight Loss Pills
This brand is well-known among people interested in weight loss, mostly because of its rich formula. Not only can it help you lose weight, but it will also increase your energy levels.
- It boosts energy levels
- It contains a variety of active agents
- It suppresses the appetite
- It increases the thermogenesis process (fat burning)
- It is linked to seizures and muscle damage
Having an increased dose of caffeine, Hydroxycut is able to increase your energy levels so that you go about on your productive day. Furthermore, considering that caffeine also acts as a hunger suppressant, it will also prevent you from feeling hungry.
The Saffron extract will also enhance the thermogenesis properties. Your body will start sweating on its own, causing you to burn fat while you are actually resting. It’s a good way to create a lean, toned body.
The Bottom Line
Packed with various active agents, this is a good diet pill to have around if you want to lose weight. It will make you feel more energetic, and it will also offer your body the “fuel” that it needs to burn fat.
The Way Diet Pills Work
As mentioned, no pack of diet pills is the same. Each of them will have mechanisms that will make you lose weight – generally one or more of the following:
- Reducing your appetite: Most of the time, we gain weight simply because we feel hungry more than we should, making us over-eat a lot. However, certain diet pills will make us feel full – and therefore, help us take in fewer calories.
- Reducing the bad absorption: Fat, for example, makes us gain a lot of weight. Still, there are certain pills that could help reduce the fat or any other bad nutrient, making us absorb fewer calories than we actually consume.
- Increasing the fat burning process: If the fat has already made itself cozy, then you’ll need to find ways to just get rid of it. Some diet pills improve the fat burning process, helping you burn the calories without overexerting yourself in the process.
Diet bills basically have the ability to give your body a kick start and control the aspect that makes you gain weight. If you tend to eat too much, the pills will control your appetite. If you have difficulties burning fat, the pills will help you burn it faster.
Who Should Take Diet Pills?
As we know, diet pills are broken into suppressants or fat burners/blockers – both of them having an effect on the short term for the weight loss process. Here are the circumstances that might prompt you to take diet pills.
- Those who need a quick start
Since diet pills are generally taken as a method for the short term, you should take them only if you want a kick start to your weight loss process. Generally, even the weakest pills should not be taken more than 12 weeks – after which you’ll have to go around it the traditional way.
Diet pills are not marketed as live-long supplements, but jump-starters for your dieting trip.
- Those who want to change
Sure, you can make up your mind on the fact that you want to lose weight – but if you do not intend to make a change, then all this will be useless. In order to be successful in your weight loss process, you should pair them with exercising and healthy eating.
If you really want to commit to a change in your life, then you might want to consider diet pills. However, you should know that they are not magic bullets – and they will not erase that whole pizza you ate just the other day. Diet pills are just training wheels that can help you go on to the next step.
- Those with no health conditions
If you want to take on diet pills, you need to ensure you have no pre-existing health issues. If the pills have been FDA-approved (which is highly recommended), there is a list of conditions that might prohibit you from taking on diet pills.
The condition itself is only 50% of the problem. Sure, if you have allergies, heart conditions, or are pregnant, diet pills are bad for you. But generally, when you have a health condition, the chances are that you might be taking some drugs already – drugs that might interact with the diet pills.
Certain medication may have fatal interaction with weight loss pills, so make sure that you always consult with your doctor before taking anything.
What Are the Benefits of Using a High Quality Diet Pill?
Curious about diet pills? You know that they can help you lose weight – so that’s an overall benefit. But what do they do exactly that should make them such a good choice?
- Suppressed appetite: Sure, it’s healthy to eat foods that are rich in fiber, and protein to keep you satiated for a fairly long time – but these foods are also packed with calories that will cause you to gain weight. In order to lose weight, you need to restrict the number of calories that you take. This can be possible with diet pills that have caffeine or other appetite-suppressors in the mix.
- Diuretic effect: The more water your body holds, the more difficult it will be for you to lose weight. Indeed, most pills work on the fat-burning effect, but they may also prevent you from holding so much water. You eliminate it right away through urine, but you can also keep yourself hydrated by keeping a healthy intake of water every day.
- Lipogenesis decrease: The process during which our body creates new fat is called lipogenesis. In order to lose weight instead of gaining it, we need to find ways to stop this process or at least slow it down. Some pills have active ingredients such as betaine – a substance that can help slow down the lipogenesis process. It’s not necessarily that it will be burning fat – but it will at least give your body less fat to burn.
- Higher resting energy burning: There are many supplements out there that can help increase your energy levels and make you exercise more – therefore burning more calories. However, there are also certain supplements that can help you burn calories while you are resting. Depending on the level of obesity, some people may have problems exercising right off the bat – which is why losing weight while you are being your daily self is usually such an attractive benefit.
Diet pills are, in a way, body boosters. Our bodies have their own rhythm when it comes to burning fat and assimilating nutrients – but when that is not enough, some diet pills can really come in handy.
However, make sure that you always check the label before choosing diet pills – and get the package that fits your need most. For example, if you don’t eat much but still manage to gain weight, then you might want to go for fat burners. Appetite suppressants might cause you to lose on the nutrients that you need, proving very dangerous for your health.
Possible Side Effects
After all, diet pills are drugs – so they are bound to have side effects in some people. You see this side effect list on the prescription of every drug we buy – but you never think it can actually happen to you.
Not until it actually happens to you. These pills can help you lose weight beautifully, as long as your body is healthy and permits this. Still, if your body is not at its full power, then you might not be able to handle the strain put by the pills.
Death is only the worst case scenario, but that usually happens if you take too many pills or if they react badly to something you are already taking. Here are some side effects that might occur after taking the wrong diet pills for your body:
- Heart Damage: A lot of weight loss drugs artificially crank up the heart to help you burn fat and energy. If you continuously send your heart into overdrive, the risk of heart damage can get very high. Furthermore, if you already have pre-existing heart conditions, the chances of getting a heart attack can be very high.
- Stroke: A lot of these pills use stimulants to get your heart pumping – therefore burning more fat. However, this will also make you more predisposed to strokes or brain bleeds, since it will increase your blood pressure. Caffeine-based supplements are generally the safest stimulants that doctors can recommend.
- Liver problems: Our liver is an important organ that helps us process the nutrients from the foods that we have consumed. However, some doctors found that certain supplements – particularly the “fat burner” ones can lead to liver poisoning or failure. If your liver is not capable of keeping up with the chemical byproducts, then this can lead to toxic enzyme buildups that are obviously bad for it.
- Skin conditions: Some compounds in weight loss pills such as DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol) can over-rev your heart and metabolism, causing certain skin conditions. A common side effect of this agent is inflamed and itchy skin – caused by an allergic reaction – but also yellowing skin caused by liver damage.
- Loss of sight: we’re not saying that diet pills will make you go blind – but some cases have reported that DNP has been the trigger for many eyesight conditions such as cataracts.
- Dizziness and ear ringing: Most of the time, diet pills featuring green tea extract represent a natural and generally harmless choice. Still, in some cases, it was reported that pills containing this extract can lead to side effects such as ringing in the ear or dizziness.
However, these conditions are not guaranteed to happen. As long as you take the pills while keeping in close contact with your doctor, then your life should not be endangered in any way.
Best Ingredients to Look for in Diet Pills
There are countless diet pills out there – some of them more effective than others. There are also countless active ingredients that you could try out – so many that you can’t even keep track of all of them.
Here are some ingredients that have proved increasingly useful when it comes to shedding off those extra pounds:
- Garcinia Cambogia: This is a plant that is rich in hydroxycitric acid and HCA – one that is renowned all over the world for its ability to help with weight loss. This plant is known to inhibit Citrate Lyase – a fat-producing enzyme – but also to reduce appetite and cravings.
- Citrus Auratium: This citrus fruit is not only an incredible fat burner but also a master at suppressing the appetite and increasing your metabolism. The active compound found in this fruit is called Synephrine, and it works well in increasing the thermogenesis of your body – therefore helping you burn fat much faster. It will also reduce your appetite, ensuring that you no longer take in as many calories as before.
- Guarana: Guarana can help stimulate and increase your mental alertness, boosting your stamina and endurance. It also helps you fight against fatigue. Being rich in caffeine, this will not only make your day more productive and increase your energy levels, but it will also help you burn fat much faster. Furthermore, there have also been studies that suggest Guarana can help fight against food cravings.
Diet pills might seem like the easy way out for many people and they’re even considered cheating. Still, sometimes, when you are dealing with obesity, you want to take all the help that you can get. After all, diet pills are like any other drugs for existing conditions – only instead of treating a cold, you’d be treating the stubborn fat that doesn’t want to go away.
Each diet pill is unique and may interact in a different way with anything in your life – which is why you may want to choose the pills after talking with your doctor. They might also prescribe some lifestyle changes that you may need to follow, such as a change in what you eat or an exercise program.
The weight loss products reviewed above have shown many positive results for those who wanted to lose the extra weight. The process will certainly not be easy, but with a little bit of determination, it will certainly pay off.