For the males out there reading about how to get trim with the best selling diet supplements, it’s important to know that something that goes hand in hand with becoming leaner is your body’s ability to produce testosterone. Today we’ll talk about why testosterone (commonly referred to as simply “T”) is such an important factor as men try to lose weight.
It’s important that you know the facts about building testosterone. For starters, a “t booster” or “testosterone pill” won’t do much in comparison to taking anabolic steroids. When you take anabolic steroids, you are adding outside testosterone to your body. When you buy a pill, supplement or what marketers are calling “boosters,” you are simply trying to trick your body into producing more on its own.
If you buy t boosters, you are really getting a multivitamin that’s formulated with additional herbs that have traits that can boost your testosterone levels on a temporary basis. Of course, there are so many of these supplements for sale these days that you’ll have to get a Harvard Education on the ingredients just to know what the heck you are putting in your body.
Many of you simply want to avoid anabolic steroids, which in the long run is probably a wise decision considering all of the side effects. Sure, it’ll give you the best testosterone boost today, but you may regret that in the long run. If you find yourself looking for an extra kick to your T levels, here are some of the boosters we have checked out that may be able to help assist you in boosting your testosterone levels.
Best Testosterone Pills
Even the strongest, most muscular badasses face problems after they turn 30. Sure, they may still be able to bench 330 lbs, but their bodies will fail them in smaller, yet chronic ways. What we are referring to are problems like impaired libido, tiredness, weaker bones, and increased fatigue. You’ll often start having flexibility and mobility issues, too, such as a reduced range of motion and increased pain in your joints.
Many think this is the end of the road, that it is all downhill from here. But that simply doesn’t have to be the case. If you can find a good testosterone booster, you can stop some of these impairments in their tracks. Now, we are completely aware of the fact that a lot of people take these boosters as steroids or combine them with other substances in order to unnaturally improve performance. But it is also completely fine and safe to take these boosters to improve performance without endangering your health or your body.
Most testosterone boosters are supplements that are made from herbs. They are designed to safely increase testosterone levels. The good news is that there are a lot of these products on the market to choose from. Of course, that can make it tricky to know which is the best. If you don’t have the time and patience necessary to carry out research on your own, this is the perfect page for you. In this guide, we’ll run through the best products on the market and provide you with invaluable information about all of these supplements and what you need to know about taking them. By the end of it, you’ll know exactly which testosterone booster is right for you and where to get it from.
There are literally hundreds of different testosterone brands. But the ones we have selected here have proved to be the best value for money. We chose Prime Labs’ product as the clear winner because it has everything that men need to increase testosterone production. That’s not to say the rest of the list is rubbish. Far from it. They are all excellent choices, too. Below we’ll break down each of the products in the list so you can see what is in them and how good they are.
Testogen Testosterone Booster
This product does it all – it increases strength, targets belly fat, and helps promote muscle density as well as boosting your energy. For that reason, it’s the #1 recommendation we can offer.
Testogen is always recommended as one of the best testosterone boosters on the market because it always performs. A lot of men with low testosterone that we have spoken have been amazed at the effectiveness of this product. It has been proven to help with every low T problem, from fatigue to low libido to anxiety.
What are the pros?
- It contains only natural ingredients
- Athletes love it
- It has less zinc than before
- It’s packed with vitamin D, vitamin K1, and Vitamin B6
- You can find negative reviews but they are very rare
What are the cons?
- It’s expensive
- You can only buy it on the Testogen website, so you can’t get a discount
What is the Formula of Testogen?
As we have already said, Testogen is made with only the best natural ingredients, including red ginseng, fenugreek, and a melting pot of other vitamins and ingredients that have been proven to have a positive effect on low testosterone.
Fenugreek, one of the main components of Testogen, is packed full of iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and manganese. Fenugreek has been proven to lower cholesterol and increase libido, as well as getting rid of dandruff, and improving swollen lymph nodes and gout.
Another ingredient, red ginseng, helps to boost the immune system, improve your mood and improve your endurance. It has also been speculated that it has all but cured erectile dysfunction.
All of the best and most important vitamins can be found in Testogen. This includes Vitamin D which has been proven to be an amazing mood enhancer that also helps to increase weight loss. You’ve probably already had Vitamin D deficiency. You can tell if you feel tired and aching all over. It also includes Vitamin K1 which, when taken with Vitamin D, massively helps the absorption rate of Vitamin D. But that’s not all it does. It’s also a blood-thickening agent that will help you heal quicker. Vitamin B is also in Testogen, which, although it doesn’t boost testosterone on its own, it has been proven that men with low vitamin B are likely to have low T levels.
Testogen has bioperine and boron. Both these ingredients do a couple of things. Boron has been proven to improve cerebral activity and coordination and works as a painkiller. Bioperine, on the other hand, is an active ingredient in black pepper. Although it has not been proven, it has been suggested that it is an antidepressant that can also improve memory and metabolism.
The Bottom Line on Testogen
The good news is that Testogen has almost no side effects. The only things that may happen is that you could feel sick or get headaches. This could be because your body doesn’t take the zinc that is present in Testogen well. If this happens, look for another supplement without zinc.
Prime Male Men’s Testosterone Booster
As we have said, low testosterone can cause a number of issues. Once it drops, you’ll definitely feel it. It will feel like being much more tired and exhausted, and potentially weaker too.
You may find that your sex drive also takes a hit and you won’t be in the mood as much. It gets worse, though. Because you can also find that you’re putting on more weight and finding it harder to shift the pounds. It doesn’t just impact your physical well being, it can also impact your mental well being as well. You can start to feel irritated or depressed and you can experience bad mood swings, too.
What are the Pros?
- It is made with natural ingredients
- It is incredibly affordable
- It is trusted by thousands of people across the globe
- It can dramatically improve your libido
- It can help you shift weight quickly
- It can boost your energy throughout the day
What are the Cons?
- The booster doesn’t contain Vitamin D which is pretty common and important in testosterone boosters
- The product contains magnesium stearate which splits opinion when it comes to efficiency
- You can’t use it if you are allergic to herbal ingredients as this booster might cause palpitations and anxiety.
What is the Formula of Prime Male?
The Prime Male has an impressive formula that contains stearic acid, a fatty acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, which is a gluten, microcrystalline cellulose and extracts of saw palmetto, sarsaparilla, tongkatali, wild yam, nettle, and horny goat weed. It also contains silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate. These work together to boost your energy levels, which can dramatically improve how you workout.
Sarsaparilla is a particularly important ingredient as it has anticancer benefits and can help fight almost all of this issues that result from low testosterone. This includes colds, fatigues, infections, gout, sore muscles, low sex drive, arthritis, and indigestion problems.
Tongkatali is naturally antibacterial and it improves the way that the immune system operates. It is also an anxiolytic and helps with weight loss, to decrease blood pressure and improve libido.
Saw palmetto helps with hair loss and can improve the health of the prostate. As a result, it can also improve the libido and reduces the likelihood of urinary tract problems.
Wild yam has been claimed to toughen bones and can offer relief to those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, as well as tackling infertility.
Horny goat weed is an interesting and exotic ingredient that eliminates erectile dysfunction thanks to its active ingredient called icariin. Horny Goat Weed is also a neuro-protecting agent and can boost your energy levels.
Nettle, finally, offers the complete package when it comes to ingredients. It is packed full of vitamins and has been used for centuries to treat all sorts of conditions such as hair loss and hemorrhoids, as well as asthma and low energy levels.
The Bottom line on Prime Male
It’s clear that Prime Male Men’s Testosterone Booster is an amazing product that is sure to serve you well for decades. It is probably the most effective product on this list and is sure to increase your testosterone levels so that you will feel healthy, energetic and confident.
It may lack Vitamin D, but that isn’t a deal breaker. There are plenty of better sources of Vitamin D such as sunlight. That’s why we’ve put Prime Labs product as the best on this list to combat all of the side effects of low testosterone.
Superior Labs TEST WORx
This might not be the best-known testosterone booster on the market, but Superior Labs TEST WORx has some ingredients that others don’t have that puts it ahead in the minds of many people.
What are the Pros?
- Its efficiency has been proven in clinical trials
- It comes in the form of vegetable capsules
- TEST WORx has been proven to boost stamina, libido and your mood
- It contains Vitamin B12 and vitamin B6
- L-arginine and eurycoma longifolia extract are included.
What are the Cons?
- TEST WORx is expensive
What is the formula of TEST WORx?
One of the products key ingredients, Eurycomalongifolia, is a plant that has been proven to help erectile dysfunction and the improvement of athletic performance. This is the first of the boosters we have discussed that contains this plant.
L-arginine is another fantastic ingredient that improves the state of the immune system and maintains levels of testosterone. It has also been proven to help the kidneys remove toxins quicker. This is very important since the kidneys will need help if you take testosterone boosters for a long amount of time.
Aside from these two fantastic ingredients, TEST WORx also contains niacinamide, nettle root, zinc, and tribulus terrestris extract. Niacinamide is a type of vitamin B-3 that has also been used to treat acne and inflammation. It is found in mushrooms, fish and most types of meat.
The Bottom Line on TEST WORx
We think TEST WORx is a very, very good testosterone booster. Yes, it is pricey, but you pay for what you get. Everything in the booster has been tested scientifically and can be a really big help in improving testosterone.
Invictus Alpha Boost
Despite not receiving FDA approval, Alpha Boost has long been a favorite product of those looking to boost testosterone levels. That means despite not getting regulatory approval, it has still done the job for thousands and thousands of customers.
It has a very similar ingredients list to the Prime Labs Testosterone booster, except that Alpha Boost also has boron in it.
What are the Pros?
- All of the ingredients are natural
- It contains boron
- It is one of the most recommended boosters out there
- It is great value for money
- Perfect for athletes
- Dramatic effect on libido
What are the Cons?
- It has not received FDA approval
- There are no vitamins in the booster
What is the Formula of Alpha Boost?
You will find that Alpha Boost works in a very similar way to Prime Labs, the first booster that we talked about in this article. The one exception is that Alpha Boost contains boron. This is a very welcome addition.
That being said, Alpha Boost doesn’t have any vitamins in it. The vast majority of boosters these days do contain vitamins because many people who suffer from low testosterone also suffer from vitamin deficiencies.
However, it is entirely possible to get your vitamins from elsewhere—your diet, for instance. That means your testosterone booster doesn’t need to have added vitamins, In fact, when you take too many, there can be nasty side effects.
But now let’s discuss Boron. If you know a bit about testosterone boosters, you have probably heard it mentioned a lot. But you probably haven’t heard that it is an incredibly rare element. Which is a shame because boron is a natural antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic agent.
When you take boron, your body increases the speed at which you absorb magnesium. It also makes your body make better use of Vitamin D and it can reduce inflammation.
It may seem like just another Prime Labs, but the boron addition can make a huge difference. Together with the effects of all the plants contained in Alpha Boost, and you’ll definitely feel a big effect. It’s no surprise then, that so many people take Alpha Boost even without backing from the FDA.
Evlution Testosterone Booster
Evlution (EVL Test) is yet another combination of fantastic plant extracts and minerals that can be bought for a fraction of the price of other inferior testosterone boosters.
That’s the thing. You don’t need to spend hundreds and hundreds on expensive boosters. In most cases, they are no better than the cheaper ones. What are the pros?
- It contains all of the vitamins and plant extracts that you need
- It is very affordable make it attainable by everyone
- It contains magnesium
- The bottle contains 30 servings
- It is perfect for vegans
What are the Cons?
- It has been proven to increase estrogen
- It doesn’t smell great
- It has a very, very high dose of vitamins
What is the Formula of Evlution?
Like most of the boosters in this list, Evlution contains a number of impressive ingredients such as d-aspartic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, fenugreek, dim and tribulus extract. Rather than rehash what we have already mentioned about fenugreek, we will talk about the benefits of the other ingredients.
Take tribulus, for example. For centuries it has been used to treat erectile dysfunction and poor libido. On top of this it is antibacterial and antiviral, which will help to boost your immune system.
Next we have magnesium aspartate. This is a type of magnesium that the body absorbs quicker than other magnesium forms. As a result, athletes who take it as a supplement rarely get sore muscles.
Vitamin D is a very beneficial vitamin. It can help with weight loss, diabetes, bone issues, and even depression. As we have mentioned, it doesn’t improve low testosterone specifically, but it has been proven to help with things that result from low testosterone. Your levels shouldn’t drop any further if you take vitamin D.
Dim stands for diindolylmethane and it offers protection against several types of cancer.
Zinc is crucial for a well functioning immune system. If you want to see how important zinc is to a functioning body, know that children without zinc can’t grow properly. Additionally, it has been known to ward off cancer.
D-aspartic acid is a great source of testosterone and can help the natural production of testosterone in the body. Finally, we have melatonin, which our bodies really can’t do without. We need it to go to sleep and we produce it naturally in the evenings and when it is dark. Not only that but it works like an antioxidant and destroys free radicals that could turn into cancer.
The Bottom Line on Evlution
Evlution is a great product. Regardless of the kind of low testosterone symptoms that you are exhibiting, this booster can be used to help cure them and increase testosterone production.
But the best thing about it is how affordable it is. With so many products on the market that are expensive but don’t work as well, it is great that there is an inexpensive and effective product for people to buy.
Iron Brothers Testosterone Booster
Up until now, there wasn’t a huge amount of difference in the ingredients of the boosters we have reviewed. This is the first booster we have mentioned that brings something completely new to the table.
Because of this, it is a little more expensive than some of the others listed here. But you’ll still get up to 30 servings of hard-hitting testosterone-boosting medicine per bottle.
What are the Pros?
- It is made with tribulus extract
- It has received recognition from the FDA
- The bottle contains 90 vegetable capsules
- It contains vitamin D, B3, zinc, and bioperine
- It doesn’t cause upset stomachs.
What are the Cons?
- It is expensive
What is the Formula of Iron Brothers?
There are two ingredients present in Iron Brothers Testosterone Booster that are sadly lacking in the other products that we have reviewed. One is maca root powder and the other one is ashwagandha root extract.
Maca root powder is a fantastic antioxidant. The trouble is, a lot of people don’t understand how antioxidants work. Without them, cancer would occur much more often. That’s why it is so important to eat foods that are rich in antioxidants. But that’s not the only benefit that maca root powder has. It has also been proven to boost your libido and increase your energy levels. Part of this is because it is packed full of nutrients such as vitamin C, iron, amino acids, copper, and polyphenols. For instance, two tablespoons of maca root powder have 120% of a person’s recommended dose of vitamin C.
Ashwagandha root extract is not as well know as it probably should be. It has proven its worth for people suffering from diabetes because it has been proven to reduce blood sugar levels.
What’s more, it is also purported to be a powerful anti-carcinogenic. What’s more, it can also help you to fight depression, insomnia, and anxiety. And that is on top of its ability to lower inflammation, reduce cholesterol and increase testosterone production in the body.
Vitamin B3, also known as Niacin, is another fantastic ingredient that lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of you developing cardiovascular disease. It can also help increase your power and athletes may find it particularly helpful to improve performance in the gym.
The Bottom Line on Iron Brothers
There is no doubt whatsoever that Iron Brothers is a great product that contains many ingredients that other boosters simply don’t have. It has also been proven to have a great impact on your testosterone levels and to help you improve performance in the gym.
If you have low blood pressure, however, we recommend you consult a doctor first before taking it as it may lower your blood pressure even further. This can be very dangerous.
So there you have it. These were our six favorite testosterone boosters. But don’t worry, our guide isn’t over yet! Below, we’re going to look at some common questions surrounding taking these products and testosterone boosters in general.
Read on to find out who should take them, how to pick the best booster for you, the top ingredients to look for, how they work and the results you can expect.
Who Should Take a Testosterone Booster?
If it isn’t obvious already, testosterone boosters are not made for everybody. Don’t make a rash decision if you’re 18, for instance, and think you’re going to turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger after a round of supplements.
You probably shouldn’t take them unless you are over 30, for instance, and only if you experience symptoms like insomnia, lethargicness, drowsiness, low libido and an inability to get sexually aroused.
So why can’t you take testosterone boosters if you are under 30? The answer is very simple. You don’t need to because your body is still producing testosterone at the normal rate. Even if you experience some of these symptoms, it almost certainly isn’t low testosterone that is the cause. You also shouldn’t take testosterone boosters if you are a woman. Testosterone is only found in men and taking it as a woman can lead to excessive hair growth and other unwanted side effects.
Does Taking a Testosterone Booster Have Side Effects?
Much of the bad rep that testosterone boosters have got is a result of overblown reports of their nasty side effects. The truth is that while boosters to have some side effects, none of them are life-threatening or as bad as they are made out to be.
Because most boosters are made with natural ingredients, they pose no risk to you at all. But not all boosters contain only natural ingredients. There are some shady boosters out there that can contain harmful ingredients.
Here are some of the reported side effects of taking a testosterone booster:
- Mood swings can occur, in particular unfounded anger. Boosters can lead to aggressive behavior but that’s usually the extent of it. Often this occurs when you take too much.
- Insomnia can also occur. Although this may seem weird considering boosters are meant to alleviate insomnia, boosters have been proven to make it difficult for people to fall asleep. Why does this happen? Because boosters also raise your energy levels so that you have trouble calming down and falling asleep.
- Anxiety can also be caused by additional testosterone. This is actually the most common side effect.
- Acne can also occur. It can be like being a teenager again because the additional testosterone in your body causes outbreaks. Take too much and acne can haunt you again.
- Kidney and heart problems are the only major side effects of taking testosterone boosters, but you would have to take the supplements for years to experience these kinds of side effects. Boosters can increase red blood cell count, leading to heart failures and renal failure.
If you are worried about any of these side effects, the best way to avoid them is to cycle your use of a booster. Take it for a few weeks and then stop taking it for at least a week.
What Do You Want From a Booster?
If you weren’t already aware, testosterone is produced by the testes. When you take a testosterone booster, the ingredients in the booster encourage these cells to make more testosterone at a higher rate.
This is what tends to happen when you take a testosterone booster:
- You become more energetic. When you have low testosterone you can feel incredibly lethargic. But after taking a booster it will make you feel like you are 18 again ready to take on the world.
- You’ll stop being so tired. It’s horrid to be exhausted all the time. But this won’t happen anymore if you take a booster. Rather than still feeling exhausted after the longest sleep, you’ll feel well rested even with the shortest of naps.
- Improved libido. Low libido levels is a sad side effect of low testosterone. It can seriously decrease your self worth and lead to erectile dysfunction. But boosters are formulated specifically to tackle this curse, to improve your sex drive and to get rid of ED. In many cases, taking a testosterone booster is a lot safer than taking viagra or another pill.
- Weight loss. The kind of growth hormones found in testosterone are linked with building lean muscle as well as making men horny. If you’re struggling to shift that spare tire, it may be because you have low levels of testosterone. When you have high levels of testosterone your body is better able to synthesize protein and build muscle. This is why bodybuilders are so keen to have a protein shake with them at all times.
- Better mood. Anxiety and depression can be caused by a range of things, but chief among them is low testosterone. It doesn’t even have to be a direct link since any man suffering from erectile dysfunction will experience depression for sure.
How to Choose Your Testosterone Booster
Before you get started choosing a testosterone booster, you have to decide whether or not you genuinely need one. Just because you have one of the symptoms highlighted in this article does not mean that you have low testosterone. Maybe you are just working too hard or your partner can no longer turn you on. If you’re piling on the pounds, it may be because you are not hitting the gym enough. And loads of things can cause depression and anxiety—it doesn’t have to be low testosterone.
The point we are trying to make is that people take testosterone for all the wrong reasons sometimes. And you should definitely not take a product like testosterone if you don’t need to.
Here is our guide to choosing a booster without wasting your time researching online:
- Be 100% sure your issues are not caused by any other health problems
- Work out if you need vitamins as well as plant extracts
- Narrow your choice to two or three boosters that are well reviewed and contain all of the ingredients that you need
- Don’t go for the expensive one straight away. Try a cheaper one first to see if it works for you
What are the Best Ingredients Found in Testosterone Boosters?
If you’re looking for a kick-ass booster, make sure that it contains all of these ingredients:
- Bioperine: This chemical, which is commonly found in black pepper, will help your body to absorb all the nutrients that you ingest. This was one of the best things I did. I’ve been skinny my entire life but adding Bioperine to my diet really helped me add muscle.
- Vitamins: Loads of testosterone booster have vitamins in them. If you aren’t getting enough vitamins through your diet, consider a booster that helps you achieve the levels you need.
- Zinc: If you think you have low testosterone levels, zinc is absolutely essential to help you get them back up.
- Luteolin: This is a flavone that has neuroprotective capabilities and is also an anti-inflammatory. It has been proven that when this is present in a booster, testosterone isn’t aromatized as quickly. Aromatization is when testosterone converts into estrogen. Obviously, if you have low testosterone, the last thing you want is to have high levels of estrogen.
- Plant extracts: these are used a lot in testosterone booster because they are natural and safe and won’t endanger the taker’s life. The best thing about them is that they very rarely if ever react badly together. This means that loads can be added to the booster without negative side effects.
- D-aspartic acid: THis amino acid helps the body to produce more testosterone and keeps levels stable. The good news is that almost all of the testosterone boosters on the market have this as an ingredient.
We hate the fact that testosterone boosters have gotten a bad reputation time and time again. For some, they are nothing but placebos that don’t do any good. For others, they are packed full of chemicals and only do bad. But they can’t both be right and in actual fact both statements are wrong.
As long as testosterone boosters are right for you, they are safe for almost any type of person to use. You should always look out for ingredients that will work for you, however. All bodies are different and all boosters are different. If something works well for a buddy of yours it may not work well for you.
That being said, don’t take a testosterone booster if you are under 30, even if you think you have low testosterone. In almost every instance you won’t have low testosterone, it will be a different problem. You are young and you will have plenty of time to experiment with testosterone boosters in the future. Until that time, enjoy being young, having a full libido and being able to get a good night’s sleep. We really hope that you have found this guide to be of value to you in your hunt for the perfect testosterone booster.
If there’s something you’re still not sure about or something that you think we have missed, please let us know.