Let’s dive into the salt water flush.
With all the talk about cleaning out your system, it has become common knowledge that the bombardment of modern day foods and lifestyles has caused an epidemic of unhealthy eating habits. In the end, we all want to feel like we can do anything, and the first step to achieving this vibe is to take care of your vehicle (I’m not talking about your car) that gets you to where you want to go in life. Though “cleansing the body” is stereotyped to be a practice that only people with hair buns and yoga pants perform, the truth of the matter is that it is becoming a more frequent routine amongst exercise enthusiasts and health-jocks for a good reason.
There are many different methods for cleaning your body from toxins and unwanted waste. In this article, we will take a look into one of the more common forms of cleansing your colon (that takes care of a particular task) referred to as the “salt water flush”.
Salt Water Flush Benefits
There numerous advantages that ingesting salt water can perform, which includes:
- Cleansing the colon of any waste that may be stuck.
- Increasing bowel movements.
- Constipation relief.
- Bloating Relief.
- IBS symptoms and digestive issues.
- Respiratory and certain allergy symptom relief.
- Fight acne and psoriasis.
How to Make a Salt Water Flush
The ingredients for a more common mix of the salt water flush are the following:
- 1 tablespoon (or start with 2 teaspoons) of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt (It is important to not use an iodized salt).
- 1-liter jar of warm and filtered water.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon water (which is used to help eliminate any potential nausea).
How to put it all together:
- Heat up the water without boiling it.
- Add the salt to the water and lemon juice in a jar and place a lid on it. Shake the mix up until the salt has completely dissolved.
- Drink the concoction as quickly as you can; keep it under 5 minutes if you can, however between 10 to 15 minutes is an ok pace as well.
- You may notice that your belly will begin to make noises after drinking; this is simply muscular contractions happening so don’t get worried.
- If you can, try to wait at least 30 minutes before going to the bathroom.
- It may take several hours for your colon to fully clear, so it’s best to complete the flush at home.
If the need for a good salt water flush is long overdue, it may be beneficial to repeat it several times in a row. Overall, the entire routine is simply designed to clean your internal gut environment to improve your entire digestive system. When combined with other methods of cleansing and a good diet, you could be well on your way to becoming a healthy functioning and striving machine. Do some research before you dive straight into it, and I you can, it would be beneficial to talk with your doctor about it before you get started.
Other Tips for Weight Loss
For all of our resources regarding getting healthy and losing weight, go back to the homepage.