Failing to lose weight on your diet is a common occurrence in this day and age. So many people start with so much optimism and enthusiasm that it seems impossible that they would ever fail. Yet, time moves by and they lose some of their fervor and passion for dropping those unwanted pounds. It’s a sad occurrence that nearly 70% of the adult population in the US experiences every day.
Yes, you read that right. 70% of the adults in the United States of America are overweight or obese. And unfortunately, that number is expected to continue to rise. We have a real obesity and overweight epidemic on our hands in the US, and it’s also spreading to other parts of the globe.
What gives? Why do so many people fail to lose pounds when they go try to eat better? We’re going to attempt to answer that question for you today by providing six reasons why people typically fail at their dieting attempts.
Six Reasons Why People Fail on Their Diet
We’ve thought long and hard about this topic and came up with six reasons why people tend to fail when attempting to lose weight with a meal plan like those found here (https://www.dietpillreviews.com/weight-loss-meal-plans/). Here are those reasons in no particular order:
- People fail to track their progress – one of the biggest mistakes that everyone makes is a failure to track their progress. It makes sense that this is one of the reasons why people have a tendency to fail. If you do not know where you came from, how are you going to figure out where you’re going? Track your progress every single step of the way. Not only will it show you how much you’ve accomplished, but it will also keep you motivated to continue moving forward as you slowly but surely make your way toward success.
- They do not receive moral support from family and friends – it’s hard to lose unwanted pounds in general, but it becomes even harder when your family and friends – especially those closest to you – fail to provide you with the necessary support that you need to help see you through to success. In fact, many people have the exact opposite experience. Instead of getting the support that they desire, they are actually ridiculed and talked down to by those who should be showing them the most support. And this is a sad situation because many dieters often feel lonely as they attempt to overcome their challenges. Help and support from family and friends is the best way to stay on track during this difficult time. If you know someone dieting, please provide them with help, support, and encouragement so that they can finally achieve success.
- They only focus on changing their diet – first off, please note that changing your diet is definitely the most important thing to do when attempting to lose weight. But it isn’t the only thing. You have to begin incorporating exercise into your life as well. No one is saying that you have to start going to the gym every day and working out for an hour until you’re about to keel over. That is obviously going to be counterproductive and you’ll never stick to that type of workout routine anyway. Make small, incremental changes to your exercise routine. If you are extremely overweight, try walking for five minutes each day. And as you become used to your five-minute walk, add another five minutes to your walking routine. Continue to expand your exercise regimen as you feel more comfortable moving around. It’s that simple yet so many people fail to make these easy, painless changes.
- They have a slow metabolism – unfortunately, some people have a tough time losing weight because they have a slow metabolism. This is a tough issue for those really trying and putting in the effort without experiencing the wonderful rewards that come along with weight loss. If you have a slow metabolism, you will be slow to lose mass. That’s the way that it is and there’s nothing you can really do about it. Sorry that I can’t tell you how to magically solve your slow metabolism problem. It’s the way that it is, so please get used to it.
- They lack the optimal nutrients – if you’re going to go on a diet, you have to go on one that will help your body receive ample amounts of nutrients. You need the right nutrients to feel alive and energetic. Without them, you may lose a few pounds, but you’re going to feel like hell all day long. You’ll feel tired, burned out, and ultimately you’ll have to quit your new regimen and go back to eating the way you did because your lack of energy will hurt other areas of your life. When choosing a meal plan, find one that is low in calories but filled with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other vital nutrients. You’ll be glad that you did.
- They are too hard on themselves – some people start a new meal schedule and go weeks without ever slipping up. They even manage to lose a decent amount of size during this time. But then something happens and a mental shift takes place. As an example, let’s say the successful dieter has an important work event that they must attend. While they attend this event, they overeat and eat food that is not typically part of their plan. Instead of immediately getting back on track the very next day, these people have a tendency to get really upset with themselves and continue to eat all the wrong food as punishment for their initial mistake. Obviously, this is not the best way to lose weight, so you have to learn to forgive yourself and get back on the horse so that you can finally drop those unwanted pounds.
Nobody said getting healthy is going to be easy. But it is possible if you are dedicated to the task. Avoid these six dieting pitfalls and your chances of finally losing weight have a better shot at becoming your reality.
More Tips For Eating Healthy
For an exhaustive resource on other ways to get proper nutrition to lose weight, check out our tips here: https://www.dietpillreviews.com/weight-loss-tips/